Lake Erie Eastern Basin Bite

fishkiller16

Well, I havent been getting out much. Checked wind report for saturday and said it was nice. Seemed dicey to me. Ended up in the river by strawberry island fishing for bass (yuck!).

Did spend this evening ridding the boat of the spiders.....jeez, I never seen so many in my life. Thick, goo-eey ones too. Stomp on them on the floor and I gotta stain the size of 1/2 dollar. That ended quickly. Sprayed this evening though, so expecting some good things.

Hopefully this weekend, blow is good. Have been working on getting my perch bite going too though, with the fall coming up of course. (many thanks to jimski2).

I'm about to give up on fighting the floating grass in the upper niagara river trying to troll nights for muskies.I'm going to head back out to 70 ft of water on the canadian line off the Cat and work the walleye that are near bottom.I did catch a nice 9.9 lb walleye crunching a 9" jtd muskie crankbait downstream in the west river in 25 ft of water.They are still catching perch in the 50 ft hole off Windmill Point as well.

081812143101.jpg

Last night I was out in front of Buffalo at Waverly Shoals trolling for musklies,caught a 35"er just before dark.Moved to south gap of the harbor around 10:30 pm,caught a 27" walleye on a inside trolling turn with a 10" muskie crankbait.There were about 8 boats drifting with the wind in the south gap from the end of the long wall to Cargill grain mill pier,they were catching walleye with worm harnesses.I will go back out tonight with the walleye rods and try the spot.

Capt. Larry

Havent heard a peep outta shorthanded. He must be smokin em!

Uh, hmm, Shorthanded has been honing his archery skills for the early opener :rock:

Haven't fished in 2 weeks. Going to try a little Lake O salmon trolling Saturday AM

What about you Mark, been getting out?

Nice. I hear this may be the first year for crossbow usage in NY state. Even a novice like me can now hunt!

Its been quiet for me the last few weeks. Out of town travel, and crappy weather/winds have put a damper on things. Should be changing that pretty soon though. Hopefully more time out in the next few weeks.

Last night was a good walleye night,7 fish from 3 to 8 lbs(put back a 7 & 8 lber and kept 5 smaller eyes),drifting the south gap of Buffalo Harbor with Triple D copper thumper blade with watermelon tape. Down 25 ft over 34 to 30 ft water,end of long wall to cargill pier.Might not be enough wind tonight,may have to troll.

Capt. Larry

Why hunt deer when the best perch and walleye fishing is on during bow season?

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Jim, I have a big freezer so I will bow hunt the opener and "blow" days to get some backstraps for my tasty walleye/perch surf 'n turf

So many options, so little time... :happy2:

I'm fishing until Dec 15th,the only back straps I get are from red stag deer in Guyana,S.A.,no licenses--no limits late Dec,Jan,Feb,Mar & April.I give the amerindians everything to eat but the back straps,then go catch peacock bass for rainforest surf & turf along with grilled plantian and mangoes.Taking a night off and going to see 2016!

I'm fishing until Dec 15th,the only back straps I get are from red stag deer in Guyana,S.A.,no licenses--no limits late Dec,Jan,Feb,Mar & April.I give the amerindians everything to eat but the back straps,then go catch peacock bass for rainforest surf & turf along with grilled plantian and mangoes.Taking a night off and going to see 2016!

now that is what i call surf 'n turf !!!

what a solid bust today. Marked a few, but now question whether they were fish or not. Ran out to 65 -66 fow and drowned some worms and waterlogged some renoskys. Decided to fish a few off shore humps. Smallies cooperated nicely. Worked a nice off shore hump in 45 FOW. They were loaded. Not as big as the last outing but far more of them. And yanking em out from deeper water really gives you a good fight.

Plenty of suspended bait balls with nothing around. Water was close to 77 degrees (Yikes!).

I think I am gonna stow about the Targa one evening.....if you know what I mean!! :D:lol:

what a solid bust today.

I think I am gonna stow about the Targa one evening.....if you know what I mean!! :D:lol:

Yeah, bad day out of The Oak yesterday as well. Zero for zero. A beautiful day on the water in any event.

Mark, "stow about the Targa" ???

Anchor in seventy. Foot waters needs a line longer than two hundred feet or longer. The weight of the anchor need not be heavy or a chain is not needed. A five pound mushroom anchor works well and a light Da.forth anchor is also good.

Perch are at 65 foot. We took 60 keepers yesterday off Evangola.

Anchor in seventy. Foot waters needs a line longer than two hundred feet or longer. The weight of the anchor need not be heavy or a chain is not needed. A five pound mushroom anchor works well and a light Da.forth anchor is also good.

Perch are at 65 foot. We took 60 keepers yesterday off Evangola.3/8 poly braided line is a good anchor line. Easy to handle dries fast and takes up little space.