Will Okuma magda 30 D work for copper

I don't have down riggers right now and probably won't have until next year. I am trying to set myself up for summer fishing without riggers. I have bought 4 Okuma magda 30 D reels with 9' poles, stick bait, spoons, dipsy divers, spin doctors and flashers and flys. I am thinking, I will need to get down deeper with at least two poles. My plan is to run two poles with copper. First how much copper per pole, how much backing and can I run dipsy's off copper to get even deeper or will the copper get me deep enough and how do you judge depth with copper and dipsy's on. I really love trolling, there is nothing like the feeling when the drag starts screaming and the pole is bent over hard, but I'm definitely not enjoying the cost of getting started. That is why I'm looking to you to give me the best bang for my bucks, thanks for any advice you can give.

I would look into the copper set ups on the Atommik site. My recommendation is to buy a 500 or 600 copper rig that is marked every 50' so you could run it down the chute and put it out the length needed to get to the fish.

No need for boards with divers. Run 4. 2 set on 1 and 2 set on 3. Let them out slow til you get used to them and turn slow. I recommend torpedo 19 strand . Its more user friendly. Everyone has errors when first iso g wire and copper. Its not cheap either. The 19boat strand kinks less then the 7malin imo

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png