Canandaigua 6/17 Pics added, playing Chicken w/ sailboat

33 canuck and I began in the north end worked the drop off area to german bros. and then back south to east to dragon wall. We found the dragon wall hump of 23', had 3 riggers plowing the bottom of the lake for zebra mussels and lake grass salad. we did manage to get all the gear up safely even the 7 colors were banging the hump. we talked to cndga troller out there and he was getting more action then we were in the north end but we moved south to pelican point and then worked across to onanda park. we marked lots of fish ran 6 rod spread with 3 riggers, two 7 color cores out on planer boards, and 600' copper down the chute. then we ran 2 wires instead of the leadcore but I didn't check my wire line before deploying first rod and snapped of the black dipsy, spin dr and fly. we did manage one 5 lb laker on the 600' copper pulling the live wire spin dr and kurts special fly out in 220 fow, we had good marks in the middle of the lake at 110' and 120'. I did get a probe rigger bite right as we pulled gear to end the day when I switched sharkie to a black cannonball with a cabelas black spoon 20" laker. We had fun out there, breezy and sunny temp down 120' was 45, at 55 was 51 and surface in middle of lake was 70. fleas are evident on flouro leaders, glad to see cndga troller and chuck527 out there.

6/20 edit I found my camera on the dash of the boat today so here are some pics, my favorite is the the blow boat that came about right in front of us, I would rather he not run behind us and over our gear but it's a a BIG LAKE you IDIOT!

100_4478.jpg

100_4476.jpg

100_4477.jpg

100_4481.jpg

100_4473.jpg

100_4471.jpg

Way to go Mike and Kurt...I can't believe with as warm as it was there wasn't a story of Kurt going over board for a swivel or something :lol: I thought for sure when you said you found the hump there would be a story with Kurt jumping in with his mask and snorkel to retrieve your gear and you picking him up on the turn. :lol: Well I'm glad you guys got to get out. Did you get that hydro. line fixed?

Tom

hey Todd, you should have seen the last time out during derby we ran towards a bumper to pick it up but it was connected to 150' of rope and a bucket and piece of cement in the shape of the bucket, it hit the probe rigger cable. We managed to get it all in, then some big boat pulled up nearby and yelled throw it back in, we'll get it, what a dork, his boat was called Looney Bin.