MOLD SHARING / JIGGING

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY EVERYBODY, THANK YOU TO ALL THE SERVICEMEN/WOMAN PAST, PRESENT, & FUTURE FOR PROTECTING OUR INDEPENDENCE & FREEDOMS !!! :yes: EVERYBODY STAY SAFE AND COOL 8) ...........On to topic:

I have 2 molds:

1. Do-It model# EBL-4-LA , makes the "ear ball" jig in sizes 1oz., 1 1/8 oz, 1 1/4oz, & 1 1/2oz lures, requires #1 brass eye inserts

2.Do-It model# SJS-3-A, makes the "shad spoon" in sizes 3/4oz, 1oz, & 1 1/2oz, requires inserts cc34, cc100, & cc150

I don't know how many of these jigs one needs in a "lifetime", but I'm sure I have MY supply @ the age of 55YO, I still have 100+ LBS of lead left over, furnaces, ingot molds, ETC. ETC., I was wondering if there's a possibility of "sharing" molds with other people here on LOU. I'm looking for maybe the "diamond" jig mold, shad head, other jigging spoon molds, other lure molds. Maybe share molds or trade product ?....I'm not interested in split shot or sinker, or trolling weights (balls) LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GOT, @ the cost of these things I would prefer sharing with local TRUSTWORTHY LOUians

100_5359.jpg

100_5360.jpg

100_5364.jpg

I have 3/4 and 1 oz round head jig molds, also 1 oz Erie stand up mold. Won't be around until next week sometime but maybe we could hook up sometime after that... have the ear ball but interested in the spoons and my melting pot is shot. Nice looking stuff, what'd you use for paint?

I have 3/4 and 1 oz round head jig molds, also 1 oz Erie stand up mold. Won't be around until next week sometime but maybe we could hook up sometime after that... have the ear ball but interested in the spoons and my melting pot is shot. Nice looking stuff, what'd you use for paint?

HA! Hermit ! YOU are the reason that I have started down this road !, love your tutorial & I especially love your reports :yes: !, I would be interested in using your Erie stand up mold & your 1oz round head jig mold, or trading product, you decide. I'm using "glow" powder paint, I have ALL the glow colors..........then I read your tutorial & settled on green (50-50 mix of bright green & super green glow) & white (50-50 mix of white super glow & UV blast), I have a 20# bottom pour furnace that I use, I do have a small hand pour/melter combination that I could loan to you if your so interested. Let me know & THANKS !

I am no t into the jig making yet . But I make trout spinners for stream fishing . What some of us home made lure makers have done on other site is have a trade of lures . Someone takes the leadership role and say everyone makes a batch of lures .and sends them to the leader. Leader then mails them out to other participants. That way everyone ends up with a new product to try . Maybe this could work on this site . Iam sure there are probably some who make their own trolling flies, spoons ,cowbells also .

• 1 month later...

hairbone,

The ear balls work well, I think I remember Marty posting he caught a few with those dressed trebles. Personally I've only used them with single hooks, rigging them the same as a lead head jig. Might've tried with a treble a while back but can't really remember. I've had a few requests recently so will be pouring some as soon as I can find a rain free period. The 1.5's drop fast!

• 2 weeks later...