Species Breakdown:4 Kings 1 rainbow

Hot Lure: NBK , purple NKs early, green later

Trolling Speed: 2.5-3

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 90-125

Lure Depth: 40-90

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

Made a last minute decision last night to trailer to Lake Ontario for an early solo-troll, forcast looked good outta Olcott waves looked workable at noaa. Left a t 330am dropped in at 5:15 after dodging several parkway deer a few skunks and other furry creatures that like black top :@

Ran out to 60fow to slow rolling 2 footers that were not fun but decided to give it a go and hang in and it paid off BIG time.

Tried trolling slow in 60-70 for a while for an hour till I was sure the lake was gonna kinda behave and then made my way out to 100 at about 7ish to find a good graph and a few dink Kings that tuned me for the non-dink later.

Anything purple worked early for spoons did not matter 200 copper torpedo, 165-190wire dip as long as it was right at 60 they were firing!

Worked 100-125 until 830ish and decided to work back to 90's at 930 trolling west.

At 945 the downrigger pole took off screaming set at 65 down over 90 and the battle was on!! :inlove:

Took me 20 minutes or so not sure to boat this 28lbs beauty. My first big king in the 16er...what a morning :yes:

Thanks to all the awesome boards up here at lou, you guys make it possible for nonpro to score some nice fish too ;)

Here are a few pics..not sure when I can get back

0714120550.jpg

0714120620.jpg

0714120654a.jpg

DSCN2813.jpg

0714121112.jpg

Congrats on the King. It's a rush to get them when flying solo. Please watch out with the Rainbows. Length limit on Big-O is 21". It's 15 on the Fingers but 21 out on the big water.

Tom B.

(LongLine)