Coho...Atlantics

YA MISSED A FEW the cohos tend to just show up and soon,,,, think they make a full frontal assult from the north straight across the lake...

But as I think a sec. I never did see the 1 to 2 hrs of cohos run in the salmon river just before dark like ive seen in the past years .. their were some pretty good numbers in their last fall but not the NoN stop action usually in the last 1or 2 hours before dark,,,

This month on the Salmo salar:

1 atlantic July 2

2 coho July 7 & 11

I have heard reports of AS being caught at the oak almost every day I have fished this month.

The reason we are not getting many is most likely because we are not targeting them right now. I know that I have been targeting kings or browns. I have not been running many sliders, almost no reds and have been fishing the bottom in 40 - 100fow. In my limited exerience most of my AS have been caught high and on red in this water and Cohos are usually offshore this time of year out of my port.

Either will hit any lure, but both seem to prefer reds in 55 degree water.

Last year our largest AS was caught July 13, (on a flasher fly) I also think that may have been the last one we caught that year although my buddy caught a big on the first week of August. Most are stocked on the north shore and most likely spend most of their time up there once the lake warms up in May.