Fly bead colors

In my search for knowledge I came across a statement that said bead color was a very important aspect to fly choice, but it didn't say how. Does anyone have any insight on what might have been meant here?

Glow beads with glow flies?

I ordered a bunch of flies where you could pick the bead color. I chose red on most of them and hope I shouldn't have been following some other guideline I didn't know about???

What is everyone else thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Spike

yup makes a difference,,,tho the green glow (bead) flys seem to outproduce others,,,,chartruse beads are good too.. water clarityand depth fishing seem to have just as important effect on flys as color of spoons....Last night was so nice i sat under the stars till midnite on the deck ,,had some goffy ideas come to mind that im pretty excited to try but its "TOP SECRET"

Bigweeniebrand.com

Best glow beads on the market. Glow for hours on a single charge. Best fly/bead combo the last two years has been the A-tom-mik glow/mirage fly with Big weenie blue-glow beads. Put it down and forget about it, works all day in any light conditions.

Red beads will turn black after 13-16 feet down. Blues and greens will show color deeper. When in doubt, glow, chartruese and green seem to be good choices. I agree, Big Wieenie beeds are good.

Bandrus1: Are those some kind of new "Twinky Rigs" used for San Francisco bay kings? They must be Berkinstock Twinky Rigs.

Wondered what was in that box ya brought on the boat last trip ...shoulda said something we could of had a tug o war.

THAT, would've left a mark. :rofl:

Got a strong suspicion that "Bob Dole wouldn't do that"........... :rofl: