Moor Subrtroll Question

carpedium

First time out with my new setup on Sunday. I was putting everything through its paces, and found that the temp screen went blank and the speed went to zero when I turn the backlight to the head unit on. Has anyone had any issues with this? Any suggestions? It works completely fine otherwise.

Also, do you guys take the 9v battery out of the probe every time you are done fishing?

Thanks

1.) No I have never had the unit "die" when turning the backlight on

2.) I have had the unit "die" many times at deeper depths, only to be rectified by wrapping the infamous wet towel around the pick-up attenna on the downrigger boom

3.) No I do not remove the battery each trip. It lasts me about 1/2 season. I remove it when it starts giving me trouble.

Good luck,

- Chris

I believe, like the Depth Raider Probe, the Moor probe shuts itself off when it comes out of the water, no need to remove the battery.

I'm certainly no DC/12V expert, but that other issue sounds like a bad ground to me.

Tim

Never had mine die turning the backlight on. Have had it go blank if I get a lot of "crap' on the cable once in a while. Still working on my 1st battery this season but will probably change it this week or next. (superstition)

Possibly the ground. You're running both leads to the battery...right?

Tom B.

(Longline)

We have had a Moor for three seasons, just changed the battery this week (only get out about 20 - 30 times per season tho). It turns off as soon as you remove it from the water.

At very first set up screen was going blank at times and it was because the 9V battery was loose on one of the connections, had to squeeze the positive side of probe connector in a bit to make a secure connection to the battery.

I dont think ours has a backlight at all?

Skippers,

They all have a back light - you have to wire the separate light wire to your own switch and then to the battery. The unit does not have its own on/off switch for the light feature

Skippers,

They all have a back light - you have to wire the separate light wire to your own switch and then to the battery. The unit does not have its own on/off switch for the light feature

Thanks for the tip, I guess I can tell dad he can save the flashlight batteries now, and just hook up that wire! :P