Fishing Help Needed

Allright guys and gals i need all the help i can, I am an avid fisherman i do alot of trolling here in NH and up on lake champlain, This friday i will be makeing my first trip to Lake O, Pulski is my destination just because it seem to be the closest( unless you tell me otherwise) I have a 21 foot boat 3 electric riggers, i Have a fishfinder 4 rods( that will be loaded with 20# flea flicker) and 2 moochan reel Empty at this time and two additional rods and reels and a whole bunch of spoons for lake Champlain. and a lot of ambition and not much money left( oh yeah just bought the boat Friday night) And thats it.

Allright here goes the questions

What size lures should i be using

should i be using lures

is pulski an ok place for a lake o rookie to be going.

is there a bait shop open late as we wont be getting there till after 7 pm fri

for someone with not a lot of money left what should i focus on buying for bait

I think id like to get some dipsys are these ok to run off 20 lb mono

And just generally any advice you can offer that i may have forgot

Thank you

Adam

right now you will have a very very hard time running anything except wide for a dipsey set up and you should never run mono on them

as far as lures..... pick yourself up about 5-6 spoons that catch your eye.. anything with some green and a little glow to them......

do your extra reels have line counters?

dipsys are a great thing to have but not on mono. theres to much strech in it. i fish near sodus point and right now 25+ kings are killing guys arms for a great time of fishing. i run mag size spoons and have been having no trouble hooking up. my brothers and i have been around 130 ft of water useing lots of greens and spin doctors. yesterday there was a break in the water temp around 50' over 100 and hit the biggest king i ever put in the boat at 28.04 off a black spindoctor with glow tape and green dots with a nuke green fly off the rigger ( cheaper than getting a dipsy rig with steel line, the right reel, and then you get to buy lots of dipsy divers and flashers and flies) i hope this helps and if if i can help anymore plz let me know

great luck and tight lines

john_and_peat_at_back_of_boat.jpg

I like All Seasons in Pulaski, across the street from Fat Nancy's. Buy a few flasher/fly combos if you're used to them (ask them what's hot) and run a mix of spoons (with free or fixed sliders) and flashers off your riggers. Flatline one 75 - 125 ft down the pipe too.

Running dipsy divers at this point would take money, equipment and time you don't have...

If your short on cash and want to run dipsys run 30lb big game and stack them on the out side riggers use roemer releases or black releases on the cable. you can run them out 50 or 100ft. out from the cable.don't run out to fare or the diver woun't release. your dipsy should release before the stacker release.Use the large dipsy with the standard ring. You can run FFs or spoons off them. I don't know if the black releases can be moved up the cable like the roemer. Anybody out there know. Good luck, be safe, and keep your eyes on the sky and the wind, that end of the lake can get ruff in a hurry. :( .

Oh stack them 10 to 20ft, above the ball. :) .

Tanner, i trailer from Mass and Pulaski is great at the end of August and September because the salmon are in shallow getting ready to run the rivers. I fish out of Oswego most of the time(except late August). deep water is a short ride out in Oswego unlike pulaski were you need to motor out quiet a ways to hit the deep water 200 +. I run 3 riggers on my boat, two dippys and one copper down the chute. i have a 20' foot islander. Pick up some spin doctors and atommik flys. White and green spines with glow, green and hammer flys. spoons can vary, but mag glows and green and blue work very well. Good luck......its very addicting. I did Champlain and Winni for a while but nothing beats Lake Ontario!! I'm hooked on her for life. :)

Don't panic on WWIV 's post every once in a while he pulls out his pre Korean war fishing book...

Keep it simple and do wire on dypsys,,,,but the word wire will never be a good word if ya don't use care ,,One quick turn =1 hr fishing lost,,,,,1-kink=30.00 in tackle lost....but care and paying attention will work flawless..

Oh And not "poppin"(trip) and retrive the dypsy when a rigger fish decides he wants ALL of the water behind the boat ,ant a good thing either. ;(

Stop at A.S.S., white flashers, green flashers, chrome flashers, and same color flys.

Get an assortment of NBK spoons, and Eric, or Don, will help you get going.

You'll should be able to boat some fish. :yes:

If i was in your shoes I would buy a white with green dots spin dr and a chrome pattern echip board. Flies: hammer, pro am glow, mirage. A hand full of mag spoons. And launch at Mexico and head for the nuke plant. Run it all off the riggers. Fish the marks.

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png