Cayuga 8/2

In a nutshell... today was rough for me. :no: It was the toughest laker bite I've had all year! Spent the first 45 minutes casting for browns with nothing going on, didn't even see marks in the areas I tried (and had previous luck.) Then visited I think 8 good laker areas over the next few hours with very little to show. It's okay, just happy to be out, been a very busy month and fishing chances haven't come easy, but I've made time in August so that's good. :)

First fish I lost at the surface, good size probably 8+ lbs. Next two were under 3 lbs each and they counted. By now it's 8:30. I found plenty of fish but could not get them to hang out with me. At least a bazillion looks, short strikes, and rod benders but only managed to get one more into the net around 9:30. Nice fish another ~8lbs. Maybe two bazillion lookers. :lol: 9:30-10:30 was smokin' hot if you like mangled soft plastics and hit and runs. I had countless fish follow the jig for 30-40 feet, even coming way out of temp to 20 feet down but very few solid grabs. Should've rigged up a stinger but I left my big tackle box at home, whoops. I've been using Gamakatsu B10S Stinger hooks, can stick it through the plastic which isn't really an option with a treble.

Anyway, I saw a lot of topwater action early, bass were on the feed. Maybe that would have been a good idea instead of looking for the browns- actually given the way the laker fishing turned out anything else would have been a good idea! I sure hope somebody had better luck than I did today. Can't complain though, back at it tomorrow maybe with a different plan. :yes:8)

Marty, yeah I had a couple productive hours last weekend, made a few jigs at last. :D I'm going to send you an email in a bit. Tough trip, like the pics though!

Let's blame the moon as FLXTroutman was hinting at ;) I'm thinking the afternoon was probably better... but I fish when I can not always when the moon says I should!