walleyes

mhtrapper

Fished the st. lawrence Friday night caught alot of fish from smallies, rockies, gobies , and finally around 9:00 pm got my first walleye of the year for this area of the river. Went back sat. night tried trolling worm harnesses, jigged with bucktails, spoons , and jigs with gulp, same deal caught lots of fish but only one eye and that came at about 11:00pm not to far up river from the one the night before both solid 23" like no where else. Eyes with shoulders hopefully things will pick up, water seams to be quite warm do to the weather we have been having. Just wondered has anybody tried using leadcore line instead of bottom bouncers. I use homemade bottom bouncers just wondered if the leadcore would work that well with the currrent.

Kevin i think you are right the current would play havoc with the line . A friend of mine tried it 3 weeks ago and only caught one that probably is not to bad for that time of summer. I also thourht about planer board but you would have to do it during week and almost definitely in ealy morning.