Two tournaments in two weekends...who will be there?

I am getting very excited for the next couple weekends...

Oct 6 - Chautauqua Lake Musky Tournament - cost: $40 per person. Paid prizes: 5 longest fish and the person with the most fish (40" limits). Profits from this tournament go towards the baitfish fund to pay for extra minnows at the Prendergrast hatchery.

Oct 13 - Waneta Lake Musky Tournament - cost: $25 per person. Paid prizes: 3 longest fish. 100% payback tournament with trophies and photos. This tournament is a memorial tournament for Mark Troy.

I will be be at both tournaments and look forward to seeing everyone!

For more information: http://www.nymusky.com/#!/2012-chautauqua-waneta-musky-tournaments/

--Joe

Well I do not fish any tourneys I run,so I get to watch from shore and cook.

I wanted very much to go to the Waneta Tourney but I had to move someone from a date that had high winds to another date and he could only fish on a weekend day and that was the only date I had no clients booked on a weekend date.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Chautauqua Tourney despite the cold front 35 mph gust day and only 25 fishermen participating 10 muskies were caught,almost all in a 35 minute bite window around 9:45 am.

1st Place James Dennison 47" (9:37 am)

2nd Place Mark Anderson 42"(9:45 am)

3rd Place Joe Dolan 42" (9:58 am)

4th Place Terri Linamen 41" (10:02 am)

5th Place Bryan Farmer 41" (11:15 am)

5 other muskies from 38" to 33"

Not bad 10 muskies out of 25 fishermen in a major cold front and harsh conditions.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Had a great time fishing Chautauqua this weekend at Larry's tournament with Mike, Jenelle and Joey. Nice job again Larry putting on the event - weather was tough but good to see some were still able to get bit. Seeing 10 fish caught was actually better than I had expected after that cold front moved through. Friday had set up much better IMHO as Joe and I were able to boat a couple that day including a new personal best Walleye for Joe (28"). Here are a couple pictures from the tournament before I had to leave early for a wedding that night - sorry I missed you guys at the weigh in! Congratulations to James and Ed for their 1st place fish :yes:

Friday:

image_1_zps3aeea23d.jpeg

image_zps7b06a5dd.jpeg

image_2_zpsabc05da4.jpeg

Nice fish for Chautauqua caught on 9" perch prowler - looks like it might have had a run in or two with some muskies out there judging by the scars on its body???

image_3_zps66e7c0a0.jpeg

All fish released safely after a quick picture (yes, even the walleye ;) )

Saturday:

image_4_zpsd53452e9.jpeg

Joe's 42" - he had one more really nice fish up to the boat and hot on the lure but couldn't get hooks into her.

Water clarity starting to really look good down there and I'd suspect the fishing to really turn on starting as soon as this week given a little cooperation from the weather man. If I missed you at the Chautauqua tournament, I hope to see you next weekend at the Waneta tournament - should be a good time and I'm looking forward to participating in that one for my first time. :clap::yes::beer:

See you guys down there!