? for Fishstix

Hey Stix,

On the old board you had posted a webpage that had the best price for the Shimano Tekotas. I had it bookmarked and lost alot of information during a windows upgrade. That was one of the things I lost. Could you post it for me or pm it to me?

Thank you much.

Glen

Guest ReelDiel

i just bought 2 more 600lc from fishermansheadquaters on ebay. if they dont have any listed check there store as they are usally there 2 for 309 with shipping not bad!!!!! ;)

That one did. I bought mine thru digitaldagger .com. They had free shipping on reels at the time 151 delivered to my door.I dont know who is the cheapest right now.

Ive been thinking about switching over to the 500 lc for spring time planerboard reels.Ive lost some real nice bows to the poor drags on the other mfg.

Guest ReelDiel

mike, i honestly believe the tekotas are far better then the daiwa's there drags are awesome. also if you dont need line counters give the Shimno charter specials a look. the 2000 series i put like 300' of 15 or 20lb superline then fill with 20lb(spring) and 25lb (summer) and these reels rock..the lever drag is great and easy to use. They came highly recommend from KING ME. i now have 4 charter specials and 4 tekotas and i sold all my diawas. my 2 cents.

Mike

The Tekotas are so much more smoother(retrieve & drag).

I let a buddy fight a king on one of mine last season,he now owns a couple & his Daiwa's are back up reels.

On the tournament boat we fish on,if a full core(tekota 700's) or copper rig(tekota 800's) goes off,we don't run for the cuddy like in the past.

Well worth the extra $$$ IMO.

Does anyone have trouble with them slowly feeding out line while in the downrigger rod holder, especially with dodger and flies. Mine keep creeping out and drives me nuts hearing the clicker as I'm trolling. If I tighten the drag or spool adjustment when a big fish runs a lot of line I get close to breaking 30 lb ande or ripping the hooks out of the fish. I would get a couple more but this has me concerned and I bought 2 at a time at different times and they all still do it. The old Diawa 47LC's dont do it. I'm not crazy about the rubber band trick neither, for $150. + they shouldn't be doing that. Ya Glen I know you'll buy em off me, LOL.