Replacing an Old Fish Finder

afterschools

One thing to consider with getting a FF only is how can the system be upgraded. I made the mistake of buying a 778c Humminbird which doesn't have the SD card slot. I had to buy a computer cable adapter and a battery pack kit to install upgrades. I could have saved money buying the 788c GPS and FF unit which has the SD slot. It also would have been a lot easier to do the upgrades. I don't know about other brands.

High Bidder

Make sure you do as much research as possible. Don't just go for the lowest price. One thing you don't want is to buy one, then find out the factory is in the process of obsoleting them & won't support that model next year.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Most of the major manufacturers websites will have the users manuals available for download in PDF format. I downloaded a number of them and reviewed all the features available, along with ease of use. Some are very user friendly, others make you jump through a number of screens or menus to make an adjustment.

I found the Funuro 620 with an Airmar P66 transducer to be in my price range, easy to use, and a good fit for an aluminum trailer boat.

Here's a review of the unit

http://www.marine-electronics-reviews.c ... cv620.html