Seneca Seneca 12/20

Frisco

Took the first trip of the winter season today, launched at Clute and worked the west shore. We boated a mixed bag of browns & LLs I normally don't count but we were close to 20 or more. We kept 5 for the smoker in the 4 lb range and releasded some quality fish. It was a spoon bite today only one came off a spin doctor & fly, everything was deep that we found active in the 70' + range. The largest amount of bait was in 150 FOW. The best advice that I can share is be there early it was hectic in the first hour then picked up again at noon. It was a great day to be on the lake, just the right amount of chop and cloud cover.

i get one chance everyother week to go fishing one way or the other i'm going out calling for west winds could potential fish west side of seneca would launch out of clute but will probably not take boat out with bad roads and snowed in driveway worst case some of the small tribs are pretty sheltered just have to deal with the crowds which i hate doing

I don't think there will be too many folks out tomorrow anywhere from the looks of this weather:>) I've been getting my ice fishing stuff ready...and hopefully this will be a "walleye winter"....I have also been getting my Lake trout derby stuff together for next year so I'm kinda taking an "optimistic" approach to fishing during these winter doldrums. I look longingly at my boat every time I go near the garage :>) Good luck if you do get out tomorrow.