Propeller Repair Shop

UpGrady

• 1 month later...

FYI - I just dropped the props off at The Prop Shop tonight... to even work on a stainless prop prices start at $300 plus any welding... needless to say, I struggled to keep my jaw from hitting the ground! Fortunately, these are some bends with no welding required... WOW! That $600 would have been some awfully nice gas money this spring!

Rich,

Twins are nice... but 2x for everything! What hurts me even more is that I hopped into the boat this Fall, not realizing that the marina had taken the props off and had them stacked on the swim platform until one hit the concrete floor from 4 feet up... the other had a ding that was causing a bit of a vibration and of course it could not have been the one that was dinged already... it had to be the good one that hit the floor!

• 1 month later...

My uncle is Mike Spinelli and he sold a lot of props in the Rochester area for a very long time. He sold everything a few years back, but last time I talked with him he was going to get back into it. I guess retirement gets boring??????????????

His prop was used to get the first bass boat over 100mph. The boat manufacture was Bullet Bass Boats. The story gets even better! The kid who used to drive these boats for Bullet in the test phase left his job to move to another state and get married! I dont kow if I could leace that job!

YT,

Spinelli's made these props around 1990 or so... they had a business back then that was for sure... went looking for them in the phone book this past Fall and did not know they were gone... hence the post here on the forum!