So to answer the Question yes the launch is open they even have one set of docks in.  though the town may have just been to cheap to take them out.  fished from the bay to webster and back had one knock off on a rapala than caught one brown just infront of the bay ss blue dolphin on a 2 color core.  those short cores have been real good to me the last couple years.  The water was cold 33 was the warmest I found and there was a lot that showed at 31 or less.  I supposed its possible that my temp probe isnt 100% accurate as under 31 seems wrong to me  but either way no warm pockets to concentrate them.  fising should only improve from here on out.

County of Monroe controls the docks and they kept them in for us this year because of the late perch fishing on the bay and the lack of early ice.  Many of us on the bay into late January... First time in a long time they stayed in all winter...  thanks....

I went out as well and the water temp was 34.  Didn't turn a rod all the way to hedges.  tried from 8-20 feet.  I think the south wind pushed all the warm water out.  At least the boat ran well.  Now i need to fix the trailer light. 

How is the bay looking for ice cover, hoping to get out saturday for maybe browns and perch?

There are open areas,but there are very big chunks of ice floating around