Prop size for 2006 merc 60hp 4 stroke

Nautitroller

Just purchased a boat that the owner says only hits 27mph top speed. The prop looks unproportionately small.  Does anyone have a place or a dealer that has specs for a 2006 merc 60 four stroke and can give me a recommendation for an ideal prop.

I have a 2007 Merc 4 stroke and went to Don's Prop in Clayton. He put on a different prop than it came with from factory and although the top end speed didn't change much, the power improved significantly. My 18' Lund Alaskan runs around 29 mph and performs much better with the new prop. I believe the new prop is a touch larger and definitely has a different pitch. Unfortunately I don't have the specs. for the new prop but I'm sure Don's Prop could help.

Mercurys web site has a prop selector that will tell you right size and pitch for your motor. Its there bc I was looking at a prop for my 08 merc 50

I started running a 15.5"x17 on my boat vs the 14.25"x21 that is recommended. The main reason is because it planes faster than the smaller diameter but performance wise the Correct diameter prop paired with the Correct pitch will most likely run the same top speed.  If you ask me speed is for bass boats and cigarette boats not fishing boats. That's just my $.02

Just a word of caution about the prop pitch. The pitch has to deliver rpms within the rated range of rpms for your engine. If not careful you could select a prop that will cause the engine to exceed the range it was designed to operate within and overheat and damage your motor.