So we went out of I-Bay at 6 AM for a shake down on my Islander (Engine runs great, thank you Hank!) .The day started with a flat tire right on the ramp. After that was fixed we went east. There was some nice water in front of the bay with good temps but after one small brown and then nothing we went east towards Hedges. The water temp dropped down to 40 and stayed there until we closed in on Webster park where it went up to 45 but by then the place had been fished out. So we decided  to go deep and look for lakers. Out we went to 150 feet and set up for lakers with flashers and flies, running at about 1.7 mph. After about 15 minutes and a good swig of beer one of the riggers popped and game was on,but not a laker. It turned out to be a very hard fighting and beautiful female king(Queen?)  She took 4 runs and 20 minutes until she gave up. She weighed in at 20.5 pounds and so made up for a too quiet morning.

Shortly afterwards the wind picked up and we decided to call it a day.

My new Sitex svs 650 fishfinder turned out to be very nice indeed. With the airmar p66 on the transom right next to the fish hawk ducer  I had good readings at 25mps. The 600 watt  unit is very energy hungry,so much so that I had the main engine running to prevent the battery from going flat.

Cornelis

Edited by rolmops