Update on gun stuff

SPECIAL ALERT FOR GUN OWNERS AND SPORTSMEN

Dear Mr. XXXXXXXX,

I am reaching out to you to let you know about legislation that I voted in favor of last night to protect 2nd Amendment rights.

There has been great concern over the past several months in regards to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) soliciting bids for 1.1 billion rounds of ammunition.  This purchase of ammunitions by DHS has raised questions and concerns among many law abiding gun owners and sportsmen and women.

Representative Mark Meadows introduced an amendment that would delay contracts for ammunition procurement until the cost and need is known by Congress and the American people.  Rep. Meadow’s amendment would require DHS to submit a report to Congress regarding these ammunition purchases by the President’s next budget.  I was proud to support that amendment.

As your voice in Congress, I want you to know that I will always stand up to protect your 2nd Amendment rights.

As always, please let me know how I can help you.

With Best Regards,
NY27_BLK_Sig.jpg
CHRIS COLLINS

Member of Congress

It looks more like another unneccesary amendment made specially to garner popularity among fringe groups that actually vote.

This amendment does nothing for or against gun owners, so please please don't claim to protect our interests.

Mister Collins,the people voted for you to do positive things not to be yet another obstinate no voter

Edited by rolmops

Just to be clear he didn't post the letter I did. He sent it to me and in light of the previous intense interest in the gun/ammo issues I then posted it for informational value for those who wish to see it and who have been following these issues. I posted it in the fishing section because many fishermen are also gun owners but may not hunt any longer (like me).