I had a detailed report all typed up and hit the wrong button and it got erased.  so heres the short version:

fished 6 to 1.

it was not flat like it was suppose to be.  it was not a south west wind like it was suppose to be. it was direct west and by afternoon north west with white caps as far as i could see.

we wouldnt get our first fish until 10am when i pulled lines to quit and we had a small chicken on.  back go 2 riggers.  got another laker.  out go the 2 wires again.  another laker.  out goes the 7 color just straight back this time instead of off boards.  while letting that out 75 rigger goes.  king!  rookie net job we netted the fly instead of the fish, got away.  estimate it was only about 12lbs.

was confident we could get more.  wind started ripping.  pulled lines frantically started main motor and started heading in.  downpour so hard i could barely see. got in didnt look to bad turned around to go back out nope not happening still building seas a few miles out...

overall 3/5 with all hits on riggers f/f except one on UV gator 7 color early in the am.  fish peeled drag and was gone before we got there.  very SLOW morning afternoon bite better at least.

Edited by BrokeOff

How far offshore do you have to travel in say August to find the Kings from Mexico? My plans may be changing for Port location. Originally been looking into Fair haven but cant seem to connect with accomedations. Now looking at Selkirk shores and trailer to Mexico and fishing out of that port

That time of year usually 5-6 miles, 150 fow, depending on the winds

Approximate distances from Port Ontario/Selkirk:

100 fow = 4 miles

200 fow = 9 miles

300 fow = 10 miles

Power plant = 10 miles

I think you can find camping with a dock in the area, check Yogi Bear Jellystone Campground in Mexico.