spin doctor color for different conditions

I'm new to the site and I have read a lot but did not see much ddiscussions that talked about what color spin doctors do better than others for different weather or water conditions. When is it best to use the chrome spin doctors versus the white ones? I have read enough about what colors are productive but just wondering if there were any tips about certain ones that are good for cloudy or early morning or sunny conditions.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Tom

I haven't really noticed a difference between lighting situations- you have your go to paddles, you use them, and they take fish.

I've run chrome paddles in dark conditions and in the middle of the day- haven't noticed any difference in hookups.

I've run "plain" paddles in the same conditions and also have not really noticed too much difference either.

I run probably 3-4 paddles (of my 20+). When the bite is real slow ill move to some unusual paddles, but 90% of the time my main 3-4 paddles will take fish.

The lake is always different, the fish are also different and that's the beauty of it- you get to do some experimenting! Good luck out there!

You can use the old tell tail that tells you dark on dark days and lite on lite days, but that is just a starting point. White seams to work good for me all the time.

You can use the old tell tail that tells you dark on dark days and lite on lite days, but that is just a starting point. White seams to work good for me all the time.

I go by depth(not sure if this is technically correct but it works)Deep lakers=white or chrome with green dot spinny... up in the thermocline=mountain dew crush.

White and big green dot and just plain glow green in dark or light conditions have done it for me. And those two spinnys work well with any atommik fly. its all in what you have confidence in.

Edited by steelfire