St. Lawrence last week

post-142867-13749710200495_thumb.jpgrented two cabins at west winds in Clayton last week. This photo is the dock area. Real protected and power at all docks. The 60 steps down to the docks is no problem. The 60 steps up are another story. Lots of family non fishermen around so bait fishing for whatever is the norm. After a couple days looking I keyed in on 25fow off blanket island for the amateurs.post-142867-13749715350515_thumb.jpg there was a never ending supply of 3 to 5lb small mouths there morning,noon.and evening. Worms,minnows,crabs;did not matter. Pike were tricky. Water is high and weeds low. Caught some decent ones casting jointed cranks in 15 to 20fow. As for musky I went out alone every night after the family fishing. Trouble with night fishing is passing on happy hour. Thursday night I hooked one on a perch bait near blank ant island. Got it at the boat and alone in the dark I blew the net job. Never did see her. Gas at the marina in Clayton is $5.05 but to be fair it is booze free 91 octaine.

thanks for the report old man. headed up to west winds with the wife next week for 4 days. looks like i am gonna have to pass on happy hour at least one of those nights haha. just did a week on fulton chain and still have not caught a tiger out of there. some nice pike and smallies but those tigers are tough!