First trip of the season and we had a really good day today fishing 350-450 feet of water NW of port. Biggest fish were 16, 18, 20, and 22. All the rod work done by my 13 yo grandson and 15 yo great nephew-his first trip to Lake O. The boys had a blast. And tired arms. Best lures were king of sting at 110 and carbon 14 at 100. Also did well on 42nd spinny with moonshine smitty fly at 220 and hammer time spinny with atomic blue glow hammer fly at 180.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm.

I picked up the "new" NK 28 copy so I could try a MUP rig with my Moonshine Carbon 14 mag.  Not a great first impression - it's just a black blank with a tape glow eye on the front and crush glow tape on the back.  

Haven't had a chance to run them together yet.  We'll see... 

Back home in south PA for ten days. We have two happy boys still talking about their trip. We fished a little on Thursday afternoon and caught a 24" steelhead that was Jonah's first lake O fish. post-146845-137564401592_thumb.jpg

Then we stayed close on Friday due to the electrical activity in the atmosphere. Still manages a small king and a few small steelies. Best day was Saturday and the boys and their grandfathers were all quite happy. post-146845-13756442121928_thumb.jpg

I should also admit that the best fish of the day was lost right at the back of the boat after an epic battle by my grandson when the net man (me) wrapped the spinny in the net eventually catching the hook and letting the fish slowly swim away while all looked at the lowly net man (me) with disgust.