Looking for more depth with shorter leads

I'm thinking of running a size 0 dipsey with copper. My calculations put this size down 38ft with braid out 200ft. If I add copper instead of braid, 200 ft puts me down 37ft on a 2 setting, adding the 38ft gets me 75 ft down max. At 400 copper I'm down 103 ft. This all based on 2.5 speed. I used to use this size dipsey all the time, easier to work with and would love reeling in less line. I used charts from blood run and precision trolling book. Any comments welcome.

Maybe I missing some thing here when cooper came on I quit jumping on to the "new way " to catch fish. I already had down riggers , wire dispys ,  two SWR 3 color core and a 5 color core , a 20 color core ( I only got this wet a few times lots of work reeling that baby in )...... mono slide divers , braid dipsys  , short roller rod wire to use with a # ball or better a 10 roller rod with wire same deal to run with a #1 lead ball........ anyway they are didfent way to catch fish......copper came out to put less line out and some what copy lead core..... now as Gill - T stated using a " musky torpedo " or other type weight on the line after all the copper is in the water you would have the same action.......... Like I said I may be missing some thing here but wouldn't putting a dipsy on the end of the copper just kind of be like a wire dispy rig ?????  Isn't the idea of copper / lead core some more action in the water collum ???