The GOOD guys who fish and charter out of Selkirk should have a word or , something , with the one who this post is about. This a*****e is giving them all a black eye and the they are the ones who should take action . That said , I must say there are lots of good guys out there . My girlfriend and I fished out of Mexico Point this AM and had a good run in with (I think ) , a charter captain . We were in a crossing situation my bow to his port side . I was just getting ready to turn to starboard and pass down his port side and behind ,when a rigger fires . Fish On .  With just the 2 of us it was getting hectic . It was an 8 # steelhead , jumping like crazy . I yelled to the other boat , and he immediatley turned HARD to port and passed down my starboard side . I yelled "thank you " and waved as he passed . We landed the fish . I didn't get the name of the boat , but it was a Penn Yan with radar dome and several people onboard . I would like to thank him again for his courtesy and most excellent boat handling .

Your welcome Chinook35.

That Steely sure was a jumper. LOL

I spent a week on vacation using the Salmon River Marina to launch and I can tell you that the Charter Captains and all there mates were nothing but a great bunch of guys they tried to answer all my questions they told me how to catch fish where to go and they were very friendly. One individual out on the lake threaten to sink my boat but after I invited him to come aboard they decided to leave, you'll have that when the fishing gets hot. We all can make a mistake, Butt with FISH ON the FISH RULE.

I fish smaller water but the issues are the same, and my policy is to yield to the other trollers. I fish much more than most and have no problem catching my walleyes and tigers so i yield. I try to take the inside deeper water and have gotten pinched a few times but have chosen to drag bottom over conflict figuring the other guy needs all the help he can get and Ill get my fish either way. Its the pleasure boaters and bass fisherman going 80 that chap my rear! A walleye troller at Tupper Lake I met was actually hit by a bass boat at high speed. Boating should be about respect, patience, and safety. Remember its supposed to be fun. If I had a real problem I would have a conversation at the dock for sure.

Justin

Hi Reel silver, I just read your post after all this time, I'm pretty sure the rod holder didn't fall off, they were all put on with a loctite type product, I thought the same so I tried to unscrew one of them and couldn't, I would have needed a pipe wrench, and you're right about them just wanting the rod holder also, they could have taken my sonar, fish hawk and lots of much more valuable gear than just the rod holder.