What am I doing wrong?

Glag the hook set you. 👠Btw. I cant find black dipseys easy either. Paint the ones you have. After I ran every color under the sun I came to realize black is the best.. Good luck shaking the hook of catching lake o salmon. It rocks...

I still haven't found any black spray paint that holds up so I paint them up black after one or two times out but they work....I've also found that even super glue won't hold the rings on the dipseys (because of the type of plastic) so I went to hot glue with the glue gun and so far so good.

I still haven't found any black spray paint that holds up so I paint them up black after one or two times out but they work....I've also found that even super glue won't hold the rings on the dipseys (because of the type of plastic) so I went to hot glue with the glue gun and so far so good.

[ /quote] Get a can of black paint for plastic bumpers works great I tried it and it works great Advance Auto carries it. must be for plastic bumpers though.

Get a can of black spray paint for plastic bumpers, works great, I tried it on one of my Dipsies I had a bunch of those orange/yellow and painted them green, I'll have to try the black if it's working still next year. I'm done for the year headed back under the knife for my back AGAIN sucks but I'll be ready for the browns in the spring. PAP

Once the fish r done spawning ..in between duck and goose season I drift the lower Niagara river for steelhead and lakers.. I also take my boat up as far as 2 miles below Burt..aka 18mile and drift sacks n pop jigs in sum holes along the way

Sent from my Torque using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have been fishing all my life. I am in my 50's . I fish a large river in Pa. and did quite well in the past.

Last year i began on a journey to fulfill a life time dream. to fish the Niagara river. this led me to getting curious about Lake Ontario. I do not have a boat and have never been exposed to a downrigger. A set of events led to me getting hooked up 2 weeks ago with a charter east of Rochester. I caught so many fish I was waiting for someone to tap me on the shoulder and wake me up from a dream. i went out again. We caught 2 salmon 1 steelhead  1 atlantic salmon a nice rainbow and 6 brown trout over 7lbs.and there seems to be little boat traffic. if I owned a boat my first step would have been learning what to do by the guy I was with. In my opinion Lake Ontario maybe the greatest fishery i have ever seen or even heard about.

congratulations on ur success.. I am a newbie as well.. its all been trial and error for me.. if ud like to go and FISH the Niagara river this winter or late fall give me a shout.. it's chilly at times.but weeds out quite a bit of fishing pressure but leads to some awesome fishing

Sent from my Torque using Lake Ontario United mobile app

FYI  ,Value stores also sell a brand of paint that is for plastic . I forgot the name/brand but I have used it & it works.

Plasticote I think! walmart has it, They say it is great for outside furnature

Plasticote I think! walmart has it, They say it is great for outside furnature

larson, sounds like your hooked, but that does not mean ya gotta throw your wallot overboard! Check the classifieds on our site, I see riggers on here all the time, just my 2 cents.

Was going to go out today, fish and check out the air show at the same time...weather sucks! High winds and thunderstorms! I have cold sweats, the shakes, feel like I'm going throw up and have a nervous twitch on the left side of my face. Currently I am in my basement organizing tackle lying down on the couch and talking to the spin doctor...guess I'll just clean the garage or throw myself on something sharp!!!

:) :smile:  Nothin like "withdrawal symptoms" to get ya going on other stuff

Thats funny stuff right there, when your hands stop shakin, try tien some river flys! Something to do but still keeps your mind in the game.