FINALLY got back out fishing for the first time in a month, for my first real crack at kings. We started in 170 fow out front on a gentle ne troll. Once outside of 200, we started to see a lot of stuff 90-110 down, and I had an equal mix of flasher/fly and mag spoons down there. We would have no trouble getting hits, but proceeded to miss our first 7 fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't keep them stupid bastards stuck. I had hits on spoons, flasher with double single hooks, flashers with a single and a treble hook, and a meat rig.

So by 10 am we had nothing...., Thankfully, we found a nice pod of fish in 300-350 fow that finally cooperated, and we would go on to boat 5 fish, a mix of nice kings to 25 lbs and a few steelies.

By far our best rig was a pro chip with a tourney fly, down 110 on the rigger, which was parked in 50 degree water. A mag seasick waddles took 2 shots, and cutbait took a few shots as well.

A frustrating morning that was saved by a nice mid morning bite. One more trip Labor Day and then I am on to perch....

Here are the 2 nice kings

post-143448-13774820920522_thumb.jpg

Nice report Abe! Sounds a little familiar with not much fishing, followed by a bad case of the dropsies, once able to get out. Glad you were finally able to hook Into and land a few nice fish!

I here ya on the perch, can't wait for that!

Tight lines.

Jason

(Ps: Becky says hello)

I changed nothing at all, they all the sudden just stayed on. Weirdest day I've had in a long time. My rigs have worked every other day this year (season success rate close to 85%) so I didn't stray too far from what I know....

Reel intense- nice to finally know who Becky has been talking about!