jigging rod

mhtrapper

I use a 7' medium fast basspro carbonlite baitcaster. One piece, with a carbonlite reel as well. Spooled with 15# powerpro in moss green, 3' 10# seaguar floro leader connected with a small barrel swivel and a snap on the end. This works for anything 3/8 up to an ounce.  Also use a 1 piece 7' st croix medium lite extra fast wearing a shimano sahara spooled with 10# powerpro terminated the same way for fishing anything 1/2oz or less.

Gander IM8 6'6" medium fast and medium extra fast both with 10lb powerpro on stradics.  I use 6 or 8 lb seaguar tied with no barrel, and have spools with just flouro too.  These are for 1/2 ounce to 1/8 ounce.  I just cant get used to the barrel swivel with spinning tackle.  I use a 9' lite moderate st Croix with 8lb powerpro and 6lb seaguar for 1/32 to 1/8.  If im trolling or using heavy tackle I like the barrel swivels.  I jig up to 6 oz bucktails for stripers and always use them there.

Justin

I like to use a Quantum 6'6med lite or a 6'6 med both spooled with power pro 15 lbs, 4 lbs dia. with a 6 foot leader of 10 or 12lbs biggame I very seldom use less than 1/2 oz weither it is a jig or spoon. Would like to try fluorocarbon someday just don't know that much about it. I would also like to try a St.Croix rod they claim there is a big difference and know there is in the price. My reels are the smallest Fleuger reels, I cant think of the model number.

Edited by mhtrapper