Cool Photos

J.D.

A friend of mine e-mailed some neat pictures he took this past weekend and I thought I would share them with the LOU board members. The pictures were taken by Tom Flaherty, avid fisherman, hunter, nature photographer, and owner of Flaherty Game Calls.

This past Sunday morning, Tom snuck out on the Irondequoit Bay outlet pier in his white cammo hoping to get a few pics of a flock of birds called Old Squaw, AKA "long tails". They are a diver duck and most people believe eat only muscles and clams. They like most animals are opportunist and will indulge in anything that comes their way. Tom got some great shots of them pounding the snot out of the Goby population!

I don't know much about these little guys, but if they're willing to dive on the Gobies, I hope they hang around a while...

Tom is a third generation game call craftsman, beautiful hand made calls using many exotic hardwoods.... If you hunt you check out his home page

http://www.flahertygamecalls.com/

Hope you like the pics.................Jim S.

longtail2.jpg

longtail1.jpg

longtail3.jpg

longtail4.jpg

longtail5.jpg

longtail6.jpg

Interesting FYI...

Just got some info from the president of our local fishing club out of Erie, PA.

Last year's Pennsylvania Fish & Boat Commission laker study revealed that of the two strains of Lake Trout present in Lake Erie, that one strain relied on the round goby as 67% of its diet and the other strain relied on the round goby for 78% of it diet!!!!

STOCK MORE LAKERS!!!!!