This afternoon on Canandaigua 2 hrs

Sk8man

Well I finished my lawn work about 2:30 PM and decided to give the rainbows a shot again launched at 3PM and came back in at 5:05PM . Dropped 2 downriggers at the pump house marked a bunch in 72 ft near bottom and bait but no takers again....(probably not even trout but they get ya going....) trolled on diagonal along west side and out from Notre Dame Retreat house in 178 ft water rigger down 50 ft....downrigger trips and goes slack...then all hell broke loose..rainbow taking line repeatedly and headed for bottom...never jumped. He hit a gold and silver Rebel (4 inch). When I got him closer to boat I noticed that he had swallowed  over half of the lure and had both trebles in his throat so I boxed him 25 1/2 inch about 6 lbs. Trolled on....about half hour later right after marking fish right in the stream of both downriggers the 55 ft.rigger fires and I had a jumping jack on the loose...jumped twice and then headed for the boat...while I was trying to steer and take in line at same time....got him to side of boat  5 lb rainbow so took his pic and released him at back of boat..took off fine. He hit one of my doctored up Sutton 22's out about 40 ft. Right after that I was pulling in my braid rig because I wanted check for fleas (had a puke green Spinny and green fly on it behind the black dipsey. I had set the drag tight and started reeling in pretty fast when BAM I had one of the hardest hits I've ever had (with the dipsey already released no less) almost lost my balance at the side of the boat because it took me by surprise and then gone....When I reeled in my Spinny and fly were gone ....the duolock had straightened right out. Had one more release and it was a 10 inch rainbow released OK. I met an older couple taking their boat out  at the ramp and asked them to take my pic with the fish and then I gave t em the rainbow...they were going to grill it when they got home :)  Wind was up but nice time of it nonetheless. The bow I kept was colored up  with a nice reddish stripe in the middle but the bright sun kinda obscured it in the pic.

post-145411-0-40067600-1380326617_thumb.jpg

post-145411-0-93625400-1380326649_thumb.jpg

post-145411-0-25934900-1380326675_thumb.jpg

post-145411-0-69396000-1380326886_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sk8man

Wow Les, those are some nice fish. That was thoughtful of you to give those elderly folks a nice fish, looks like you got yourself a sweet ride, good deal keep up the good work!!

Wow Les, those are some nice fish. That was thoughtful of you to give those elderly folks a nice fish, looks like you got yourself a sweet ride, good deal keep up the good work!!

Pap,

I agree Les has a beautiful rig!! Even nicer in person!

Justin

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Lake Ontario United mobile app