Otisco 10-19

justtracytrolling

I got started about 930pm and I was too late. Moon was up a bit and it was way too bright and flat for walleyes to come in tight to shore in 3-4 fow. Brought my buddt Scotty and he wanted to get a big eye on his 10 6 ultra light noodle and 4 pound mono. After 3.5 hours the wind picked up and clouds rolled in. At that point I knew it'd be another hour before the fish came in. Sure enough 4.5 hours in it starts...we end up landing 2 a 25" and a 26", missing 1, losing 1, and 2 big bass. We earned ours.....

Justin

Sent from my N9500 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-151276-13822091917155_thumb.jpg

Sweet!....but Justin look at your eyes in the pic.....it confirms what I have suspected....you've been fishing them so much you're turning into one :lol:

Les, I'm still lmao ooh my god!! rn surf&turf said he's got the whiskers of a catfish, add a little coyote in there and He's definitely at the top of the food chain. Soon there will be sightings of the grass man around Otisco  LOL.

Was out tonight from 7-930 fishing over by the restaurant and at the park. Thought conditions looked good - chop on water and some rain but no fish. Lost an f18 as well. Similar result Thursday night as well. Frustrating few days for me out here. Hopefully with these upcoming cold nights things will improve.

Man... those F18's must be stacked upon the shoreline like cord wood the way you guys have been going :)

Edited by Sk8man

Yea how bout it, after a good blow in the same direction for a day a man could fill his box with f18's , just walk the shore line and pick em' up like Easter Eggs lol.

Tracy n i gave it a go from 9-11 and had my second zero since june....thought with the wind n rain we'd get into them...im sure if we fished a bit harder we would had some action. Right at the end the wind must have been well over 20 if not 30! We had just a couple fish working but no takers. I was glad tracy was with me, because id still be stubbornly casting if i didnt bring her. I seldom have enough sense to quit! Lol. Hunting tomorrow!!

Justin

Justin...I have to hand it to you folks you sure are "hardcore". I went outside last night and tightened down the cover on the boat  and was almost blown away by the wind. Wanted to go after the crappies this morning with Adm Byrd but the wind is supposed to be up here again today and the next few days as well. Guess I'll have some coffee and think a bit more. Hard to drift right or stay anchored in 15-25 mph winds :lol:  Good luck with the hunting. The Admiral just called so it's a go I guess ....crappies in the wind... maybe I'm getting some of the "Justin spirit".

Edited by Sk8man

It was dark while we were fishing but I bet tracy had a "you guys are out of your mind" look on her face!

I know I was thinking it...it wasn't bad til there at the end...

Tracy's a keeper ...and she catches big fish! :D

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Tracy is a definite keeper!!!!!! She really loves the outdoors, but mostly I think she loves being with me and supports my passion! Last night we found the limit of that support! LOL She catches big fish because unlike a man she takes direction and stays calm. She almost never drops a fish, in fact I can only think of 1 all season!!! Let that be lesson if your new to walleyes, its not about strength...if you can keep the rod tip up and be smooth on the rod you'll land more fish! The 3 biggest mistakes I see are, pumping the rod, reeling to fast, and kids struggle to keep the rod tip up when the fish is close.

justin

Well, guess I need lessons.....i was fishing two ultralights for perch (couldn't find the crappies) in about 18-20 ft of water and while using the bobber rig a fish grabbed the other line I had setting nearby and pulled it in ....goodbye $100 graphite ultralight outfit almost reached it but sank too quick ....Admiral Byrd just chuckled...probably because I didn't get him into the crappies and this time it wasn't him that lost my rod in the water....the fish Gods must be happy now....nice donation.

Edited by Sk8man

Rod holders Les! I learned this from my uncle Homer with his stories from the striper surf. His best friend Stuart lost not one but two expensive surfcasting rigs due to inadequately pounded surf spikes. When I use sand spikes mine are 4feet plus and pounded way in...local guy says "you arent from around here" while im pounding away...i say nope i dont have the money you guys do along the coast to throw away my gear! He says how big a fish you plan on catching...i said not sure, but bigger than you are planning apparently! He laughed at least!

Justin

Good thread.  Got some chuckles out of it.

I pulled a nice spinning bass rod out of the river this fall.  I looked at the power pro braid and knew right away.  Carp fisherman didn't secure his fishin rod properly.  I thought I could save the reel but upon closer scrutiny, this is just a decoration now.

I took a guy from work fishing this spring.  He kept missing fish.  I finally had enough and looked at him and said.  "Do you know that another word for crappie is paper mouth?"  Next time the bobber drops stop thinking about steelhead and just reel it in smoothly."  That's when the pail started to fill. 

I think we are slowly but constantly transforming into those old timers that we always reference.  One day we wake up and we are there and don't even remember how we got there.

Joe

I hear you guys....but even the rod holder isn't a guarantee. I was once fishing in 60 ft of water on Seneca (some of the locals will know where) for perch and I was fishing two rods and steadily hauling doubles on both. One was in the rod  holder while I worked the other. I got up quick while reeling in the working rod and with my knee hit the rod holder knocking the rod in it in the water...I was really pissed...but that isn't the end of it....two years later I was pulling copper with a Pfleugar spoon on a path right by that spot when I snagged into something...thought is was a tree branch on bottom or something...it was my rod and reel....name still engraved on the reel. Took it apart and dried it out and oiled and still have it as a souvenier down cellar. What do you think the chances are of doing that acidentally (i.e. finding it after forgetting about it totally)?

Edited by Sk8man

I hear you guys....but even the rod holder isn't a guarantee. I was once fishing in 60 ft of water on Seneca (some of the locals will know where) for perch and I was fishing two rods and steadily hauling doubles on both. One was in the rod  holder while I worked the other. I got up quick while reeling in the working rod and with my knee hit the rod holder knocking the rod in it in the water...I was really pissed...but that isn't the end of it....two years later I was pulling copper with a Pfleugar spoon on a path right by that spot when I snagged into something...thought is was a tree branch on bottom or something...it was my rod and reel....name still engraved on the reel. Took it apart and dried it out and oiled and still have it as a souvenier down cellar. What do you think the chances are of doing that acidentally (i.e. finding it after forgetting about it totally)?

I would of played the lottery that night LOL.