Engine Rebuild Kit

lakebound88

Hey guys, rebuilding the volvo in my trophy. I noticed she was getting week this season and its time for a over haul. Anyone have any specific companies that they had had good luck with and dealing with. Engine will be all out soon and will have the crank, block, heads done at a local shop. Just looking for a good people to do business with. I will do all of the assembly myself. Keep it some what local too if I can. 

thanks in advance, 

Nick

I see your port is Watkins Glenn, that's big racing town, there ought to be a good machine shop in the area. When I did my motor I went through a local machine shop and he did a great job, ordered all the gaskets kits, did the heads, crank, bored block .030 got the same cam everything came through him he could get the gaskets cheaper than I and they were all Fel-Pro put everything together myself and saved a bundle. ooh and a brand new oil pump it was around $900.00 all said and done. That's just the motor, I put new exhaust manifolds on new intake and new water thermostat hsgn. new water/exhaust shutters in lower y pipe, and new 2 barrel intake. old carb was a 2 barrel Holley supposed to be special for marine and to flow 500cfm, only 100cfm less than a 4 barrel.

I had some blocks done at Power Marine Services in Canandaigua and they did a fine job. Their Phone # 585-394 3590. But you being a mechanic, you probably know some good machine shops  nearer to horse heads. If you want to do the rebuild yourself you should definitely buy the rings, pistons and whatever else you need online, it will save you about fifty percent.

Also you may want to look for a rebuilt block that is ready to go and compare prices.

Edited by rolmops

Nick - I know it is a ways from Watkins but rolmops suggestion regarding Rick Martecello at Power Marine on North Road here in Canandaigua is a good one. He knows his stuff and does many of the tournament bass boats in the area (is a sponsor I believe too) and fishes himself (as does his wife). Earlier in his career he worked on stuff for one of the space shuttles too...good dude...Vietnam Vet. Les

P.S. He is the guy that fixed my Opti when I had the problem during this past Trout Derby that you won  :)

Edited by Sk8man

Thanks guys. Marellos is gonna do my block work and head work. He can get my kit depending on cam style for around 600. I'll have about 1500 into it. That's not including new manifolds and risers...

Nick

Sent from my XT907 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks guys. Marellos is gonna do my block work and head work. He can get my kit depending on cam style for around 600. I'll have about 1500 into it. That's not including new manifolds and risers...

Nick

Sent from my XT907 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

My manifolds were the old style called the log style $365.00 a piece and the risers were under $200.00 still a hefty bill after recouping from the cost of the engine itself, and a lot of work, I thought the removal and all the hookup were the worst to do. I did new cables (shift) and new bellows also should outlast the boat. I hope.