Some February Fishing on the BIG Pond...

Fish Junkie

I like the KEY LIME pie at the end also, very nice video.

Looks like you had a great time! Great job putting together the video.

Where can you feed the tarpon? Is it Tarpons season right now,

Jax

To think, you could of shoveled snow instead. Looks like a great time.

Believe me mine didn't go anywhere. It sat there for when we returned the other night! :?

Jax, there are resident tarpon around the keys year round however there is a larger influx of fish starting about now and through summer I believe. If i'm not mistaken april is a hot month with alot of fish. We typically travel in Feb. down there and always see a few schools of tarpon breeching around some of the channels and bridges in the middle keys. We fed the fish at ROBBIE'S marina in Islamorada. They look penned in the video, but they are actually wild fish just accustomed to being fed there. The lattice on the dock that you see is to keep the pelicans from jabbing you as you try and hand feed the tarpon. Anywhere that the charters routinely clean there catch you will find these hawg tarpon hanging around the marina. We also saw them in the Hillsboro marina around their charter fleet north of Ft. Lauderdale. I think ROBBIE's has a website with a live video feed that you can watch the people feed the tarpon.

Glad you guys like the video. It was real hard work fishing and filming it :lol: