Oneida ice conditions. ...

JakeyBaby

Matt, where are you fishing out of? We fished Chapmans yesterday and had 10+" of ice. There was a nasty pressure ridge right off the park. Not an issue to cross a hundred tads down the shoreline. We fished way offshore and had good ice all the way.

Looking to go to Oneida maybe sunday for the first time in a couple years. I fished only out of Sylvain beach. Is this still a good spot or are there better areas? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Also is there any shorter walks to deeper water?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Looking to go to Oneida maybe sunday for the first time in a couple years. I fished only out of Sylvain beach. Is this still a good spot or are there better areas? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Also is there any shorter walks to deeper water?

Are you going to target walleyes ?Sylvan beach can be good, but no structure, fish can be hard to find there at times... and a pretty long walk to deep water.

Lewis point, has a shorter walk to deep water...and some better drops and edges and structure to concentrate fish. I havn't fished lewis pt yet this year, so I'm not sure of the ice conditions there, but I had 12" saturday, and 101/2 inches yesterday on the north shore between constantia and cleveland. Some of saturdays holes were draining the ice and were BIG yesterday ! So beware of the old holes.Walleye Fishing was real good for me this week-end....good luck to you.

Bondouley, not sure if you got my reply to your pm...all fish were caught jigging...jigging raps in various colors worked good, tipped with emerald shiner or just head of bait at times.22 to 25 fow

Apps bait shop in cleveland north shore has all sizes of emeralds for jigging or tip ups...also an access there...and not far from godfrey boat launch access cleveland and taff...and  also jewell a little further east.

There is a bait shop near lewis point on south shore near south bay Verona called marion manor, not sure if they have emeralds or not.

Bartell road bait shop has bait too... west end of lake in brewerton

good luck and stay safe.

choo choo you are the man. Thank you for the specific info its exactly what I need tight lines and and stay safe buddy

You;re welcome bondouley. Good luck to you....catch a bunch  :)  but be wary of gas holes and large drain holes, that might be just skimmed over this week end.

Yea im not to sure if im going to make the journey down there this weekend cause of all this warm weather. I don't want to drive 2 hrs to have ****ty ice. Im going to watch the conditions. Im definitely want to go next weekend if I can't go this weekend

Marion mannor has large and small buckeyes "emerald shiners" fished two weekends ago had better luck on raps w/ no bait. They seem to study it too long with bait. Lots of shorts but it keeps it fun. Had 8 inches out of north shores.

The Mannor is closed Monday and Tuseday. there open a 6:00 AM.

Fished west of Lewis Point yesterday, on old waypoints that usually seem to work.

First time out this year.

26 fow were where we found some fish, 6 total Walleyes, along with some silver bass.

Did not hammer them, but caught enough for a good supper one night this week.

Introduced a couple of my son's friends to this.........they seemed to be interested in it.