Airbrushing lures?

I just bought an airbrush kit through www.tjstackle.com

I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but they have videos on their website.  The one i got is specifically for powder paint, which from my experience i believe is the most durable paint out there now.  With the powder paint obviously you need to have some sort of heating source in order to heat the lure up so the powder paint will melt onto it.

www.jannsnetcraft.com also has powder painting supplies.

Attached is a picture of a few of the spoons i made last year before i got the airbrush kit.  They have a UVBlast clear coat on it, and they produced very well on the finger lakes this past season.

post-143216-0-58299200-1391088307_thumb.jpg

Well I just bought a Badger 200 for a pretty good price 2 dozen colors of paint everything but the compressor under a 100 figured it would get me going for short money. 

Thanks for all the input. Maybe I'll post some creations if they look good.

BARRY

Bought the same kit at tj's last year. Extremely tough to do. The over spray is bad and did everything he told me to do. He finally stopped answering my questions. PITA! Leave it for Bob Fuller, its not worth my time and he is a painting God!

Sent from my XT907 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Bought the same kit at tj's last year. Extremely tough to do. The over spray is bad and did everything he told me to do. He finally stopped answering my questions. PITA! Leave it for Bob Fuller, its not worth my time and he is a painting God!

:yes: :yes:

Agreed Bob can paint like nobodys business, just looking for something else to take up the winter been tying flys for several year it's time for a no challenge :)  :)  :) .

I agree, if someone is looking to purchase excellent quality hand painted lures, check out Bob's website at www.fingerlakestackle.com

As jusgrinnin said, i am also just taking it up as a hobby to pass the winter months by until i can get back out on the water.  Not to mention it is pretty cool to catch fish on a lure that you've painted / designed yourself.