Flagging boards.

Tried it years ago & found it was a pain.  storage, retrieval etc.  Actually, I think white shows up a lot better on Lake Ontario during spring/summer.  I never could figure out why solid orange was the color of choice of the CG.  Guess they're thinking snow & ice....

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Yes, I went to the local Tractor Supply and got a roll of Fluorescent Orange wire stemmed marker flags to mark my Amish Outfitter Redwood Big Boards.  Just used a pair of pliers to bend the wire at the bottom into a configuration that will fit under the wingnuts on the board and stand straight up.  They come in 100 packs of flags, so I've got enough for the rest of my life :)

Edited by Tim Bromund

absolutley!!! the openening day of walleye season on the black river bay @ sacketts can be a real zoo. i use otter boats and removed one of the scews that hold the keel on and replaced it with a 24 in piece of threaded rod witch i tie a piece of chartruse surveyer ribbon./ i really think it scares people, for some reason they don't seem to pay to much attention to blaze orange but the bright chartruse waving in the breeze gets thier attension

They came standard on my TX 44 boards but I made some from stiff "piano" wire for my Yellowbirds and used orange duck tape made into a square for the flags (waterproof and works good). In Spring traffic or derbies I run my outrigger s instead of boards and people see me coming and generally stay away. I also put some fluorescent tape "bands" on the outriggers to make them fairly idiot proof :lol:

Edited by Sk8man

My boards are big enough and bright orange, I havent had anyone try to run them over or get close enough to make me yell at them.

Last year during walleye season I did have this one yahoo that wanted to see what color shoes I was wearing and ran right up behind me and tried to tangle one of his inlines in my big boards. He got lucky and was able to pop it over my board. I just stood there shaking my head.

Sent from my thinking car!

Edited by Chas0218