How did the Naples shocking go?

Phisherman585

I know the tendency would be to say it may be a great year since most of the spawners haven't come up the creek yet but there is another dimension to the issue; in years where there is a warm spell in Feb/Mar and a bunch of fish go up high in the tribs during the closed season they aren't as vulnerable to poaching as when they come up the stream in numbers later on when the season is open and at least the daytime poachers aren't as likely to be taking a chance on being caught on a stream with a fish in hand. the night timers are a different matter. I remember in the past hearing some locals discussing their poaching efforts in a restaurant there. The DEC guys make a real good effort to keep watch but they can't be every place and some of these "holes" are up back roads near the poachers homes so it is very hard to nail them. I guess we all need to remain a little vigilant....this year because in all liklihood the fish will still be in the streams real late this year the way the weather is shaping up....

Edited by Sk8man