Went for a quick shakedown trip with a buddy last night.  One side of the launch was wide open, the other side had a big piece of ice in it that should be gone soon.  Still a lot of ice on the bay.  There is a half a dock in which made launching easier.  Boat started on the second crank and we were fishing by 5:45.  Made a pass down to shipbuilders.  ! foot chop when we started turned to 2-3 pretty quick.  There is a lot of ice in the water and the shore ice is 10 feet thick.  NW blew the ice back into shore.  Water temp is around 33 degrees.  Went 1/1 in 1.5 hours of fishing.   Little brown about 18 inches.  By the time we made it back the starboard side was pretty icy.  Good to be back out and begin the season.

Holy cow! You have beat many of us by being the first to the water!

Please be safe out there.

Agree!!!! I imagine you have a smaller boat so you could get under the swing bridge?

Congrats on the first fish of the year for the I-Bay brothers/sisters!

Good luck this year,

Chris

That's awesome to hear.  Obviously be safe, for anyone going out this time of the year.  I dream of the day I can get a second boat, an aluminum boat with outboard for this time of the year, as well as other fishing.  Im pulling the boat out of storage on Friday and working on her this weekend.  Still keeping fingers crossed for mid April launch!!!!  Now you have me even more excited!!! :)