My derby story

My derby story

First congrats to all of you that got on the leaderboard and WTG great job to those that were still there at the end.  To everyone else hope you all had some great times and memories like I have.

Ok here we go, fished with Hoot on Friday looking for a plan for the start on Saturday. With all the junk in the water I kept it simple two riggers with spoons. I one hit and landed a 21†4# rainbow 1st fish of the year so it went in the box.  That was it for Friday and a mirror of things to come. Saturday up and on the water before 6 am Lodi area was boat-less so we worked the point area for three passes before heading north.  We had one hit that Hoot got a piece of and that was pretty much it for the day. Sunday start time about the same worked the east side to about 5 or 6 miles north of Samson never moved a rod. Boat was great to fish out of never sat down so much in 4 days of fishing , take blood pressure meds now and the top is just fantastic keep sun off me , also put the canvas above the windshield on keeping the dash area dry and keeping the cold air out in the am……. When I ran back to Lodi it took less than 25 minutes to make the trip. Monday same start time and we worked south then ran across and trolled north to just above the showboat. Picked up one small landlock we put back. Ran a larger spread today also put one of my older downriggers on to see if these new fancy-dancey  Ion-control was chasing the fish away. All in all the boat ran great , some issues to work out yet with the wiring.  I had them put in a fuse system that I could flip a switch to turn power off , on the riggers and  with circuit breakers. They work fine 25’ or less deeper than that and they trip the breaker.  I don’t know what my problem is , will be working it out over the next few weeks. Hoot swore up and down that he didn't have a banana with him any of those days and he didn't eat one for at least   week before.

Nice report. My wife packed my kids some snacks that had bananas in it. I'm not superstitious so I just laughed. When my youngest daughter asked what to do with the peel, I told her to throw out straight back as the center is usually open with riggers at the corners. Wouldn't you know it I reeled a peel in when bringing in the lead core that was on an otter board!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Kinger said "Let Ed worry about that s*** I'm enjoying my new digs and busy with my lure selections.... :lol:

Ole Kingerboy was on the shore the whole time so I guess that explains it all........water level is up so much and the new boat sits high in the water  he can't jump in..... almost lost him in between the dock and the boat earlier this year ...so I left him with Carol at camp heard him wine as we left and giving us heck when we came back in..... :lol: