Fairhaven

I'm looking into Where I'm going to stay for the week for the Wayne Pro Am, and I was curious about Fairhaven Beach State Park. They have a couple spots left that will fit our RV, and It says they have dockage. The dockage would be in the pond, I'm guessing? Could a 24ft boat with a flybridge dock there and get out to the lake? On the map it looks like there is a bridge you have to pass under to enter the lake ??? Howz the depth? How far is this from Sodus ? So many questions :roll:

I've never fished this Pro am or stayed in this area so I'm kinda stupid on the subject. Would this be an okay place to stay, or is there a better place to keep the boat & RV?

Thanks !!!!!

You could dock in the bay. They have a launch there too. You go out the

shute and your on the lake. Billy V and other locals could tell you more

info if needed. Hope this helps.

Hi Rod,

Keep in mind with the dockage issue that ProAm Rules state that you must leave from and return to the "tournament port" which, in this case is Sodus Bay. Fairhaven is 10 miles to the east so you would not be able to fish the tournament out of there. You would need a dock in Sodus Bay itself for the two days of the tournament.

Thanks Paul....that definitely answers part of my question. So I will definitely get a slip in Sodus for "at least" the pro Am days.

I'll be staying in the area the whole week prior to the Pro Am with the family, so I'd still be interested in the viability of staying @ Fairhaven State Park and docking there for the mid week.

Rod,

I agree with Traveling Man. You'd probably be better off at one of the Marina's in the bay. Anchor Resort is almost exclusively fishing boats and there's also gas at the dock there. There's also Bayside, Fair Point, and Shawn's to choose from. Shawn's is the closest to the State Park if that's where you're staying.

Fishshack....I'm a little confused. Is the dockage in the bay your speaking of part of the state park?

Rod- Yes- it's part of the State park. Traveling man and Bill are dead on about leaving the boat alone there though. TONS of people are always walking around where you would have to dock. Unless somebody was always with the boat or if you have a way to lock everything away safely-it's not a good spot.

Al