4/12 Yankee Shake Down - SHARK ATTACK!!!!!

I spent the morning on Jax's boat banging the beach out of Sandy and just as we were gonna pull to go to breakfast bang fish on. It was a 3lb brown. So we said 10 more minutes. 10 minutes later fish on again. This one went 2lbs. So we pull rods and go in. In the mean time I was getting ready for my old man to meet me at Sandy with the YT for her shakedown cruise.

Sitting there at the launch letting the boat warm up to see if she wants to over heat and up pulls Legacy (rob) I ask if he want to ride for a few hours and he says sure. So out we go around 1:30 and we headed east. Not a touch so we turn around and go west of Sandy. Almost to the pump house and the inside rod off the board on the starboard side releases. I grab it and hand it to Rob thinking it was a brown. WRONG!!!!! Line starts SCREAMING out. I'm like "you got a nice brown on dude or you lightened the drag? He would get it 100' behind the boat and out it would go again. Now I'm like this is no Brown. 10 minutes later its in the net and we are all high fivin over a 14.14lb SALMON! It took a clown colored rapala husky jerk 150' back.

thanks again for the ride yankee (the right place at the right time). thats what spring fishing is all about, kings off the boards in april. to think we argued about who was gonna reel the brown in.