Fair Haven, Thurs. April 17th, 2008

Today Andy Bliss from Cold Steel joined my Dad and I and our friends Rick and Linc for a trip out of Fair Haven. Nothing fast and furious, but we did boat a nice mixed bag of Coho, Brown, Rainbow, and even an Atlantic. I walked off and left my camera in the truck, so all I have is the pic I took of Rick's nice colored-up brown to show you. All the rest of the fish were cookie-cutter sized 2-3lb'ers. Andy snapped a few pics with his camera, so maybe he'll share them with us later. Water temps were 44-48 degrees and there was a pretty homogenized color to the lake. No real hot-spots to speak of, even off of creek mouths, etc. Black/Silver and that #47 Metallic Orange Specs KA-BOOM did most of the damage, and I think we got one fish on an NK28 SuperGlow Mulatto. Bright sun and calm seas were what today was all about...not exactly the best conditions for brown/coho fishing, but we still had a great time.

DSC059772.jpg

We'll be back out after 'em on the weekend.

It was a lot of fun Linc! We'll do it again sometime.

I forgot to mention in my original post that when Andy was cleaning the fish one of the small browns had 16 Gobies in it's belly, all less than 2" long.

Nice fish gentlemen - seems to be a recurrent theme over the past few years that the browns like the gobies.

For what it's worth, we've been doing quite well with some old Rebel jointed sticks in the Brown trout pattern. When you look at a pic of a small goby underwater, the Rebel has a lot of the same features.....

give 'em a try

Thx,

Chris

I think one of the best goby imitations out there was the smithwick log perch, which, unfortunatley the have stopped making. Luckily for me, I still have quite a few. I'll post a pic later when I get home and can get one in front of the camera.

Tim

18 gobies....and it was still feeding :shock: Kinda like me when I eat Chinese food!

Billy, Looks like we will be doing our shake down trip this weekend out of Fairhaven with the wife & kids. Never fished there before, but I want to check out the State park so that's where we are going. I'll keep an eye out for you.....I'm picking the boat up from Cook's Sat morning, so it looks like a Sat. pm and Sun am & pm trips.