Update for I-Bay and Gennie launches for 3/15

The I-Bay ramps are snow free and two docks are in. Open water is about 10 feet away from the docks. The water level seems very low,so low that the trailers might fall of the end of the ramp which means trouble.

The Gennesee river ramps do have about 2 or 3 inches of snow on them but they are open and ice free,just waiting for somebody with a snow shovel and some salt.

Rolmops,

Typically the lake is low this time of year (although not always) and then it rises in April and May.

Thanks for the update on the launch at I-Bay. That being said, I'd be petrified of launching this time of year with any type of south wind. I can imagine that the open water could close up in a heartbeat with ice.

Here's a link to current/past and future projections on water level.

http://www.glerl.noaa.gov/data/dashboard/GLWLD.html

Good luck,

Chris

I went to Sandy too, it is improving as the creeks is opening from lake to the back docks of hatch club. Shouldn't be to long before it gets back to launch and parkway bridge.

Rolmops,

Typically the lake is low this time of year (although not always) and then it rises in April and May.

Thanks for the update on the launch at I-Bay. That being said, I'd be petrified of launching this time of year with any type of south wind. I can imagine that the open water could close up in a heartbeat with ice.

Here's a link to current/past and future projections on water level.

http://www.glerl.noaa.gov/data/dashboard/GLWLD.html

Good luck,

Chris

Thanks for reminding me of that southern wind problem there. You probably prevented me from doing something very stupid.