Throwable life cushion of buoyant heaving line for the St Lawrence

Does one meet the requirement of the other? 

If I am fishing the St Lawrence, NYS wants a throwable cushion and Canada wants a buoyant heaving line. Am I ok with just the cushion if I am in Canada or just the heaving line if I am in America? 

The Canadians are shaking down Americans for any violations now like crossing the border without calling in before passing through their water on the Niagara River. Stay away from Canadian water and learn the boundary line.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

You need to check in if your fishing, anchoring or landing. You need to check in when you return to the United States. The safety requirements for state where your boat is kept are adequate. That is stated in the regulations.

Sent from my DROID4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

A flare pistol will put you in handcuffs. Checking in with your cell phone will have you being pinged where you travel. A dwi will bar your entry even as a passenger. A felony is bad also. They have taken the Homeland Security deal to a higher level now. A can of beer is a ride to jail. Be very careful there now.

Checked for more stuff than our local CG normally does.  Also took my brothers license & registration into their cabin for a good 5-7 minutes.  Know dang well they were running him thru their scanner/background/criminal record stuff.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

If we launch in NY call and fish Canadian waters and call returning to a NY Port do I and my passengers need an enhanced driver license and or passport?

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

You need to declare the flare gun when you check in. The same way you declare when you drive across the border. A felon is not allowed into Canada. An open beer is illegal in the US and Canada if your operating a motorized vehicle. Alcohol needs to be stowed below decks when underway. A valid Canadian fishing license is needed as in the US. Use common sense and you will not have a problem.

Edited by lost a lure

After fishing the shared waters of the lower Niagara River for years it was very scary seeing an American boater taken off his boat in handcuffs and his boat driven away. Be very careful out there and make sure you cross all the T's and dot the I's.

You need to declare the flare gun when you check in. The same way you declare when you drive across the border. A felon is not allowed into Canada. An open beer is illegal in the US and Canada if your operating a motorized vehicle. Alcohol needs to be stowed below decks when underway. A valid Canadian fishing license is needed as in the US. Use common sense and you will not have a problem.

Yes. On the west end, border patrol officers ride along and check. It is the same as crossing the bridge. Like stated above, if you drift across the line. You are in canada.

Thank you for the response. Just trying to dot my I's and cross my tees

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app