Boat down for opener

Kevin J Legg

When I pulled my boat this morning after fishing Browns at Selkirk I notice foamy oil coming out the exhaust. Took boat to Martins and they believe I blew the head gasket. Now my boat will be down for a while at the start of walleye season. I do have a 16 foot Gheenoe with a 6 hp so I won't be completely grounded and I will be chasing turkeys his weekend. Things could definitely be much worse.

I had the same out my little 2 stroke trolling motor and it was just from the oil and water mixing in the exhaust port.

Is it a 2 stroke? I remember a post a while back work a guy having the same issue. Had to do with Stabil and mixed fuel.

I run Stabil in my big motor and my little one never had an issue except when mixing the 2 by hand.

Sent from my thinking chair...

Edited by Chas0218

Man that really stinks, you would think with a head gasket blown it would have run crappy, if you feel comfortable with your mechanic its got to be looked at for sure!! Couldn't have picked a worse time!!!

After posting about my engine problems I've had several offers to fish with LOU members. Thanks so much for the generous offers. I believe I have a ride with a buddy I was going to take on Sat. And may run to Quite to fish with friends on Sunday and Monday. Great guys I met on this forum!

Sorry to hear about your boat Kevin, I have a boat full this weekend and headed for Lisbon area,  if you need a ride the following  weekend or the weekend of the 16th let me know I will probably fish one day next weekend and probably two days the weekend of the 16th depending on weather. Mike and Beaver will get you squared around .