Help on the boards

Not having any luck running my boards and wantbto reach out for some advice.

Was out this past weekend of thevgenny around 100-150 fow. Took a few rainbows in the top 30 fow on rigger and dipsey but nothing off the boards.

Off the boards i ran stick baits and let them dive on thier own. No extra sinkers. Am i missing any good techniques? No experience running boards so appreciate any help.

Hey Jeff - You might want to give a more detailed description of what you are doing. For example are you running inlines (and which ones) or big boards? Coppers or leadcores on them or just straight ? How far back are the lures running and the size of the sticks and the running speeds. Did you try spoons on them as well? Sometimes they just don't want sticks etc.  best regards, Les

Some days no matter what you do one type of presentation won't fire. Riggers can be on fire one day and dead the next - same thing with wire or boards....if you are consistently having problems then you probably need to change something up - but if this is just one data point I don't think you should draw too many conclusions.

Hey guys. Txs for the responses.

Les. Good Q. Im running big boards about 100 from boat with sticks on mono and no weights. Figured maybe i could get a bow in the top layer of 55 degree water

I just setup a 3 color for the riggers and now that dvd mentions lead, it could work out on the boards... Thanks.

Bazooka. I will mix in some red and orange spoons. Txs. What works for the browns this time of year? More towards the spoons now vs sticks?

Jeff - dvd is right the leadcore usually excels about now. The sticks are usually better earlier and in shallow in my view anyway small to medium sized spoons in the orange/red range and copper colored as well.