Big jon spoons

I just purchased a few big jon spoons for 10$ each when they arived ...they were nothing more than Michigan stingers there even stamps right on the back just like to warn some of you guys before you go and spend money on these they don't glow for crap and the paint is peeling

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-158226-14347349835761_thumb.jpg

Who pays $10 for a spoon? I buy bulk and get brand new for $3 to $6. And I feel your pain I stopped buying Michigan stingers a few years ago. They are garbage! There sales rep finally admitted they have major paint issues(after lying to me a week earlier). He said its because they are not allowed to use lead based paint! Ha they haven't used lead in paint since the 60s I heard( before I was born). I would drop a colored spoon and pull up a silver one! The rep told me if I caught a fish on the spoon they figured I got what I paid for! So I figured it would be $8 for every fish I caught!! Hope they aren't biting!! But hey they offered to re paint them for $2 apiece plus I pay shipping !! .I had a buddy hand me one on my boat as a joke and I threw it overboard and that's the best use I've got out of one!!!

Edited by slow rollin

I normally buy dreamweaver discontinued or over stock for about 3$ thought I would check these out figured for 10$ they would have amazing paint ..but just got a ****ty stinger

I can't understand the logic behind this business move.... take a spoon that is clearly stamped "stingray", re-package it as a "Big Jon Fin Fighter", and double the price.... no one will ever figure this out... :thinking:   

Bad news travels fast on the interweb.. as I type this, over 200 members have already seen this thread ...

• 1 month later...

Don't buy them gentleman. I have been slaughtering the fish on them:) I have had zero paint issues with these. I know stinger has some pain issues but some of these spoons are. Different type of paint. Try a blue/yellow enticer and you will catch fish and lots of them without losing paint.

I have put a couple in the boat off the 2 I got and paint seems to b holding up since I took them out only one spot and it happened right out the package....have u found them cheaper than 10 $ tho