cayuga 7/3 + 7/6

7/3: launch at tunkannok at 5:15am and trolled north toward scout camp running 2 seth greens, 2 dypsies on 3 setting, one on a zero setting and a long leadcore(buddies idea had around 20 colors or better out) as soon as we made our first pass in front of scout camp we boxed 3lb brown in 120 foot of water on a rig rod. turned around hit another same size same rig. tried another pass but nothing. before we knew it there were 10 boats fishing same water so we ran toward miliekin station and set up around 120 again. fished there for an hour or so with not much but dink landlocks, bows and lakers so we decided to troll across lake and see if traffic was gone. no sooner did we get around 220fow on west side of lake zero dypsie pulling flasher and sutton spoon out 50 ft started screaming got within sight of boat went nuts and line broke lost a great rainbow. countinued trolling between scout camp and launch for awhile managed alot of lakers and dink bows and landlocks. decided to bump up speed and try deep for some silver. great move cuz we landed two 5lb landlocks that both jumped eye level with me at boat in 370fow. one on 3 dypsie out 75 foot one on rig rod both pulling sutton 44s. decided to end the day when all the inconsiderate boaters arrived. all in all was an amazing day we lost more fish than i can count at well as did the 4 species slam(first for me) and managed land over 20 fish.

7/6: decided to conclude my 4 day vacation back at the lake and decided to have my friend drive seperate because he had to leave around 1030 for work decided to run same spread and everytime we got north of scout camp between 120 and 160 fow a rod would go. first was a 4lb landlock then we had a pretty steady laker bite with fish in the 4-8lb range managed to land 5 of those and lost 3 good ones aswell. caught a few dink landlocks also. before we knew it he had to leave so i took him back and ventured back out running a 3 color core, dypsie on a 3 setting and one seth green rig. trolled past scout camp twice only caught one 16 inch laker so i decided to get north of camp pull leadcore and change dypsie to a zero setting and set out other rig rod to troll one more pass infront of scout camp. got back south of camp and no sooner do my hands hit a rig rod to back up other one goes nuts! after a long solo battle with this great fish managed to put a 8.5lb brown in the box. was 50 foot down over 150 foot of water on stinger bloody nose. packed up and headed home ending my weekend on a good note post-158237-14363069005709_thumb.jpgpost-158237-14363069379144_thumb.jpg

Sent from my LG-VS450PP using Tapatalk

thanks guys fishing has been awesome over there never really got browns in the lakes before only ever trolled in summer and a little in the winter. thats going to change now that i have a new boat. however even with all the summer fishing i have done i have never got any. was a nice treat! cant wait for the weekend wish i could have the time to enter the salvation army derby