snubbers

So I just started using dipsy divers and suffered a couple of break offs. I'm fishing on Champlain, so the fish aren't as big, do I need them and how do you rig them? Thanks

No snubbers. Make sure your drags are set just tight enough to keep lune creeping out. One tip is The line shouldncreep slowly on a turn, you can use a rubber band to keep it in place

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I hate them things..drag is key I lost a few Riggs to violent strikes. .but once u figure the drag out u r good I went 1 for 3 with the snubbers the first day I used them ..haven't lost a fish on a diver since I got rid of them

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I feel it's the bouncing action ...with tension then it slacks up its like a rubber band and with the right head shake at the right time hook pulls out and the bouncing helps it pull that way....idk 4 sure just my theory I only used on 3 fish and lost 2 all bigger fish so smaller fish might not matter as much

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I use snubbers on the finger lakes. Seems more fish are hooked in the mouth with snubbers, without them they were losing eyes, getting snagged in the gills. Haven't had any spit the hook but I haven't been fishing trout that long. Seem to catch my fair share tho

The way I look at it is just one more possible weak link added to the setup. I abandoned them in the early eighties. I seldom lose  fish and in my view they are unnecessary if the drag is set properly and your hooks are kept very sharp (something that is often neglected) but it is another one of those issues that is mainly personal preference and if someone feels they have confidence in them and they are useful to their particular setup then that's fine too.